Planning permission for agricultural outbuildings?

Farmers, do you know your permitted development rights for agricultural outbuildings?

The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 grants permitted development rights (works which do not require planning permission) for a range of agricultural buildings and operations. Rights for erecting, extending or altering a building, are available to agricultural holdings of at least 5 hectares under Class A. Restrictions do apply regarding size, location, use and proximity to other dwellings not within the agricultural holding. Always be sure to check that the building complies with the current legislation before commencing work. For more information contact AJB Design & Build.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *